Now that I’m officially in year 3 of my blogging career, I’m really beginning to feel confident in my skills, my knowledge, and I can honestly say that I will probably never work for a traditional employer again. Blogging is for me!!
While it started as a hobby, a fun outlet for me after becoming a stay-at-home mom, it has blossomed into a career…one with more potential than I even thought was possible!
Here are 5 reasons why blogging is the perfect home-based business!
1. You can work in your pj’s. I’m in mine… Right now! When I was working full time out in the world for other people, I had to look, dress, and present myself a certain way (…the way that was expected of me). As a full time blogger, I have no dress code to adhere to, and I dress for wherever my day is taking me…the gym, the park, or just staying home in my PJ’s all day.
2. You have no hefty overhead costs. You probably already have a computer, Internet connection, and a roof over your head, right? Then you’re set! As a full time blogger, there just aren’t a lot of overhead costs. No office space to rent, no big investments you have to make other than what you probably a already have.
3. You carry no inventory. In a lot of home-based businesses, you have hundreds of boxes of products that you have to store until you make a sale. That’s a lot of STUFF to have to hang on to! Blogging is all virtual, online, and takes up no space.
4. No products that you have to ship. I used to sell on eBay, and I’d get so happy when I’d make sales. But the dread quickly set in knowing I’d have to spend hours packing things up, taping up boxes, printing postage, and sending them out. I don’t have to do that anymore as a blogger!
5. Income potential is unlimited. Whether or not you choose to monetize your blog is up to you, but if you do, the income potential is unlimited, depending on how much work you want to put into it.
I hope these reasons have inspired you to start your blog today! Stay tuned for some good information on exactly how to go about setting up your blog once you’ve decided to take the leap!