Whether you make money from your blog or not, it is a business, and every successful business person needs business cards. Hand them out at social events to help get the word out about your site. Pass them out at blogger conferences to expand your network. Send them along with your media kits to PR companies. If you have physical products that you ship, include a few in with every order.
Cute, colorful, and unique business cards are a must and will make you stand out in a sea of a million other bloggers. If people think your cards are super cool, they’ll be sure to check out your blog, too.
Here are 7 essential things to include on your business cards to make it easy and simple for people to connect with you.
1. Website Logo – adding your header logo from your website adds continuity and familiarity.
2. Headshot – it’s always nice to see the face behind the blog.
3. Website address – obviously you want to ultimately drive traffic to your website, so you need to definitely put your website address on the card.
4. Email address – email is probably the easiest way for companies to contact you with pitches and things like that.
5. Physical address or PO Box (if you have one) – it is common practice for PR companies to send you physical items in the mail for product reviews and giveaways. You don’t want to miss out on free stuff! So make sure there is a physical address on your business card.
6. Phone number – believe it or not, there are some people in the world who ACTUALLY still prefer to talk on the phone! (lol) While I’m not one of those people, I definitely have my number on my business card just in case.
7. Social media connections:
Facebook page address
Social media rules these days, and anyone who is checking out your blog is FOR SURE also checking you out on social media. Don’t miss out on those valuable followers! Add all of your social media connections to your card.
Follow these steps and you’ll have killer blogger business cards! 🙂